[Freeswitch-users] disabling DTMF info packets via dtmf_type or dtmf-type

Robert Stevens rstevens at robcoit.com
Tue Feb 24 23:51:58 MSK 2015

Hello,

During my testing, I have noticed, that if you do not set dtmf_type as a channel variable or dtmf-type as a sofia profile parameter, and if the SDP does not support rfc2833, then FS will failover to INFO packets.  This of course is fine on the face of it.  According to https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Variables, you can set dtmf_type to either info, rfc2833, or none as a channel variable.  I have noticed however, that if dtmf_type is set to 'none', FS will still failover to INFO packets when the SDP does not contain a rfc2833 media attribute.  The dtmf-type sofia profile parameter does work as expected when I set it as a profile parameter, but I would like to set it in the dialplan and the only way to do this, I would presume, is via dtmf_type.  However, it currently is not working (I always get the 'no rfc2833 found in sdp switching to info' log entry) and see info packets when the sofia siptrace is enabled).  I would think this is a bug.  I tried several workarounds to mitigate but was not successful.  Specifically I tried setting dtmf-type in the sofia profile params to 'rfc2833' thinking that it would be hard coded to be rfc2833 and not do the switchover to INFO, but alas, it still did the switchover. Does anyone have any insight on this?  I think it is a bug and will file a JIRA on it shortly.

Best regards,

Robert Stevens
rstevens at robcoit.com