[Freeswitch-users] AUDIO RTP REPORTS ERROR: [Bind Error! on Multipple profile

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:40:22 MSK 2015

Your server is behind NAT. That means your server does not have your
external IP address assigned to it, that's a mapping performed by your
router as the packets go through it.

You must set sip-ip and rtp-ip to IPs actually locally assigned to your
server. That means your internal LAN IP. The operating system will not let
you bind to a port on an IP that isn't assigned to it, and that's why
you're seeing your bind error.

sip-ip and rtp-ip should be your internal address.
ext-sip-ip and ext-rtp-ip should be your external address.

In many cases FreeSWITCH can detect that external IP (auto-nat) so you
might not need to specify it explicitly (useful on a dynamic IP).