[Freeswitch-users] No early media or signaling to PSTN

Kim Rostgaard Christensen krc at retrospekt.dk
Mon Dec 21 13:44:11 MSK 2015

Greetings

I'm having some problems with getting sensible behavior when receiving
calls through an external SIP->PTSN trunk.

What we are experiencing:

- Through ring_ready and sleep (the ringtone var is set prior), there
  is only silence. After the call is answered (dialplan answer), the
  following playback is delayed for about 10s.

- When answering without ring_ready, the playback is also delayed ~10s

- When using answer and playback ring-tone, everything is working, but
  leaves us in a sort of "dirty" state when directing the call further.
  It also means that we send a call directly to "unallocated", but need
  to playback ring tones beforehand.

Can anyone provide me with some tips on how to debug this this issue
further?
Is it a firewall issue (everything is swell both in- and outbound), do I
need to execute additional applications, or setup my gateway in a
specific way?

Best regards
--
Kim Rostgaard Christensen | krc at retrospekt.dk | http://retrospekt.dk