[Freeswitch-users] mod_gsmopen incoming SMS

Dušan Dragić dragic.dusan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 19:26:26 MSD 2014

I also have an issue with incoming sms. After seeing this thread I
finally decided to look into it:
https://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-6799
Probably not the same problem that you two are having.

Daniel you said it works with K3715, but with what model it doesn't
work? what does the debug log say? I'm using a few old E1550.

Shlomi, gsmopen deletes read messages from message storage, if it
doesn't with your modem it should be treated as a bug.
You can always delete mesages with AT command AT+CMGD. Use
AT+CMGD=<index> to remove msg one by one or something like AT+CMGD=0,4
to remove all (read, unread, sent, unsent). You can list stored
messages with AT+CMGL. Lookup the commands for full description.

If any of you can provide the debug logs maybe we can figure out what
is going on in your cases.

Also mod_sms is not necessary to send and receive sms messages with mod_gsmopen.
mod_sms only listens for MESSAGE events, so if gsmopen doesn't fire
the event it doesn't do anything.
You only need it if you want to use the chatplan and chatplan apps. In
my opinion it's unfortunately named since it isn't GSM specific.

Dušan Dragić