[Freeswitch-users] Mod_Shout - Padding mp3 stream with 1s of empty audio

Keith Laaks keith at laaks.com
Mon Sep 1 18:15:17 MSD 2014

Hi,

I updated an ubuntu 14.04 server (3.13.0-30-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 4
21:40:53 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux) used for conference calls
to latest head this morning. I use mod_shout to stream audio from a radio
station as the MOH.

I noticed some Œgaps¹ every 10-20 seconds in the audio. Did not notice this
before.

Turning on debug in the console, I see the following message, corresponding
with the above Œgaps'

      [DEBUG] mod_shout.c:952 Padding mp3 stream with 1s of empty audio.
(http://<whatever url <http://<whatever> >)

I have checked out the servers¹ internet connection and all looks good.
Anybody else perhaps using mod_shout and also getting this?

Best Regards,
Keith