[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and virtual FAX

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Nov 27 17:56:38 MSK 2014

How are you trying to connect to your telecom provider? If it is by
VoIP, then why are you using freetdm? If its by a PSTN connection you
will need freetdm and some type of voice card (ISDN, E1, T1 or analogue)
to connect. Do you need to use HylaFAX or is that just one of your options?

- You can send and receive FAXes directly by audio or T.38 using
FreeSWITCH itself.
- You can have HylaFAX use FreeSwitch as its modem bank for FAX, but
right now that only works for audio FAX.
- If you just want the qeuing scheme that HylaFAX gives you, then there
is a package called gofaxip which will let you run a HyfaFAX server, but
uses FreeSwitch to actually send and receive the FAXes.

Regards,
Steve