[Freeswitch-users] IPV6 addr change killed sofia profile internal

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Fri May 30 00:32:04 MSD 2014

I have nailed this down and this looks like it should affect other people… I discovered why the IPV6 address changes.. It has to do with privacy addressing (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3041) which is (a good thing) defaulted since OS X 10.7, and on windows, and other devices. When enabled, the system will generate a temporary IPV6 address with a random suffix in addition to the EUI-64-based address. This is so the device mac address does not get published on the public interface.

I think FreeSWITCH will need something to handle this eventually and not restart all profiles. If the IPV6 changes why restart IPV4 only profiles? Also, we need a better way to handle the port busy condition when the internal profile is restarted.
Mario G

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org