[Freeswitch-users] IPV6 addr change killed sofia profile internal

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Wed May 28 22:07:20 MSD 2014

I have a mix of native IPV4/6. A mac runs FreeSWITCH using a static IP4 address and has IPV6 addresses. For some reason (I am not an IPV6 expert) the IPV6 address changes once or twice a day. Everything on the mac runs fine except FreeSWITCH stops all the profiles then restarts them, it then loses the internal profile. The sequence is below, If anyone knows of a FS param or something I can use to workaround this please let me know. BTW, I am not using IPV6 to the external ITSPs, but the Yealink phones have it on, I could turn it off but was hoping for a real solution. Thanks,
Mario G

1 - Log shows: [INFO] mod_sofia.c:5286 IP change detected []->[] [2601:9…..

2 - FreeSWITCH stops all 7 external profiles and the internal profile.

3 - All profiles are restarted, but only the external ones start successfully. The internal does not start because the port has not been freed by OS X yet. And FreeSWITCH never attempts to restart it again. I am sure this is related to Jira http://jira.freeswitch.org:8080/browse/FS-5223 but is a bigger problem since I have to turn off IPV6 to stop it.

4 - I have to "sofia profile internal start” to get it going again.

PS: Would love to find a way to get FS to keep trying to restart internal rather than give up, would help both problems.