[Freeswitch-users] mod_distributor configuration advice

Victor Chukalovskiy victor.chukalovskiy at gmail.com
Tue May 6 01:30:56 MSD 2014

I suppose you call distributor 3 or 5 times and use "|" when bridging e.g:

<action application="bridge"
data="{ignore_early_media=true}freetdm/${distributor(outbound_rr)}/1/a/1$1*|**freetdm/${distributor(outbound_rr)}/1/a/1$1***|**freetdm/${distributor(outbound_rr)}/1/a/1$1**"/>

Note 1: keep in mind that distributor does not randomize, but simply
moves a pointer one step each time it's called. So for the best results
you need to have even sum of weights in the distributor list and call it
odd number of times from the diaplan. Or to be more precise,  M and N
should not have a common divisor other than 1 :) where M is a sum of
weights in the list and N is the number of times you call
distributor(list) it in the dial-plan.

*I think that mod_distributor is lacking "randomize" logic big time!*
Keeping track of what is dividable by what is not trivial.

Note 2: I'm not sure if {ignore_early_media=true} should be repeated
after "|". Suggest to test or check WiKi.

Note 3: fail_on_single_reject should be set before bridge to avoid
failing over on "USER_BUSY", "UNALLOCATED_NUMBER" etc.

Cheers,
-VIctor