[Freeswitch-users] Is FAXing reliable on FreeSwitch w/ T.38

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Fri May 2 00:34:33 MSD 2014

I'm using a Grandstream HT502, connected via our LAN to FreeSWITCH,
and then out via Flowroute. It works sometimes. I'm not that
concerned, because the high failure rate helps convince my users to
use a more modern solution, like the nice Dell MFP that can scan to
PDF.

You would think that someone would make a VoIP FAX machine that plugs
directly into a LAN, but I haven't seen anything I'd be willing to
buy.

Short summary: Even with a T.38 gateway, VoIP FAX is marginal.

--
Steve