[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch/freetdm<->Freeswitch PCMU always wins

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Wed Mar 26 17:30:52 MSK 2014

Check sip_codec_negotiation:

https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_sip_codec_negotiation

Applies to inbound calls. Generous will allow FreeSWITCH to select the
most preferred compatible codec from the remote end. Greedy will force
the incoming profile to select the preferred compatible codec selected
locally. Scrooge is greedy plus more or less forcing a few extra
parameters (like ptime).

Scenario:
FS A (OPUS, G722, PCMU) -> FS B (PCMU, G722, GSM)

Generous set on FS B - G722 wins
Greedy set on FS B - PCMU wins

Scrooge should only be used in extreme circumstances.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Pete Ashdown <pashdown at xmission.com> wrote:
> PSTN -> Freeswitch/freetdm (sending) -> Freeswitch/sip (receiving)
>
> PCMU is always winning between these two Freeswitch 1.2.23 boxes
> regardless of order in the codec list, when a call comes on freetdm.  If
> I remove PCMU from the receiving box global_codec_prefs and thus the
> sofia external profile "CODECS IN" it works as expected and picks the
> top agreed codec from the freetdm sending box and the receiving.
>
> Before I paste debug logs, is there something I should be looking for on
> the sending box in relation to freetdm?

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Kristian Kielhofner