[Freeswitch-users] Handling DTMF using Outbound Socket

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Tue Mar 25 14:11:48 MSK 2014

Hello,

I'm starting a new application which has the following functionality: A user calls a certain number at which it gets a few option to choose from. The last option allows the user to be transferred to another IVR application (context) inside our FS instance or bridged with a live person (remote party). So far, this won't be hard to setup. Now comes the hard part at which I have no experience in. Upon transferring or bridging the call, FS should create an outbound socket to an external application which will control the call. The external process should monitor the length of the call and once its limit is almost reached, playback a message to the user if it wants to continue the call. The user has to press 1 in order to continue, or nothing or 2 to disconnect.

I need to know the following:

1)      Is Outbound ESL Sockets the best way to accomplish this?

2)      What if the user has been transferred to an IVR application and is currently asked by FS to enter digits, but the monitor asks the user at the same time if it wants to continue the call. How do I handle this? Should I pause the application in which the user currently is in? Is this even possible?

3)      Using an external process to control the call, is it possible to playback the call limit reached message to only the caller, and not the bridged to party?

4)      Is this whole project even possible?

Regards,

Grant