[Freeswitch-users] Using Postgres in core and channels keep on piling up

Claus Andersen clan at wheel.dk
Mon Jun 16 13:49:07 MSD 2014

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014, Markus Lindenberg wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
>       Core PGSQL support is alpha and should not be used in production
>

> I find this slightly irritating, https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_in_the_core does not state that it
> shouldn't be used or is alpha or anything like that at all.

Agreed. I tried to update the page but is is locked because of migration
to Confluence. Used my Jira login for that but was not permitted to make
changes.

Somebody is probably doing something fancy. Oh, well.

If anywone else wants to do an update they can cut'n'paste this:

'''WARNING:''' The current implementation should be considered ALPHA
quality and not used in production setups!

In June 2014 Brian West [https://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-6582]
comments "I vote for the complete removal of CORE PGSQL Support as its
incomplete and has bugs." and Anthony Minessale
[http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2014-June/105945.html]
says on the mailing list that "Core PGSQL support is alpha and should not
be used in production".

Kind Regards,
Claus Andersen