[Freeswitch-users] FreeTDM - any good for legacy CAS T1 protocols?

Markus Lindenberg markus.lindenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:02:50 MSD 2014

Hi Bob,

can't comment on FreeTDM, but before using a whole Asterisk box as media
gateway, maybe it is possible to use a dedicated media gateway appliance.
We've stopped using TDM cards altogether and use Patton Smartnode MGWs
where possible, it's just much easier to
integrate/replace/upgrade/downgrade/backup. No drivers and hardware
dependencies needed on the PBX host(s) and it works perfect with FreeSWITCH
and Asterisk. The Manual says it can do rbs with loop-start as exchange or
subscriber. I don't know if that fits your requirement, we use E1/q921/DSS1
here in Germany.

Also, I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but we're just that
happy with having switched from TDM cards to MGWs. :)

Regards, Markus