[Freeswitch-users] FreeTDM - any good for legacy CAS T1 protocols?

Bob Hartwig bobjects at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 19:37:57 MSD 2014

Hello all,

I have a project coming up that will require me to interface Freeswitch to
some rather arcane legacy T1 protocols.  Specifically digital loop start,
and station-side digital loop start.  I'm concerned that the userland
support for these may be incomplete or even non-existent in FreeTDM.

I've successfully used FreeTDM to connect to PRI, but when I look for span
configuration options for CAS T1, the only things that I see that may be
applicable are described as "analog" options, and that doesn't sound quite
right for loop start on T1 channels (but I could be wrong about that).  If
I were to use Asterisk for this, I would configure chan_dahdi.conf for "
signalling=fxs_ls" and/or "signalling=fxo_ls".

Should I pursue using FreeTDM for this, or would I be smarter to
incorporate a simple Asterisk gateway to handle this legacy CAS T1
signaling?

    Thanks,
    Bob