[Freeswitch-users] 1.4/master openssl requirement change.

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 01:19:57 MSK 2014

Here is a recipe for cent5 and probably other linux if someone would be so
kind as to clean it up and document and maybe make into a shell script.

wget http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1f.tar.gz
tar -zxvf openssl-1.0.1f.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.0.1f
./config --prefix=/usr/openssl101f -fPIC
make
make install

then go over to FS build root (even on existing build that had picked up
the dependency by a git pull)

./configure CFLAGS="-I/usr/openssl101f/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/openssl101f/lib"

Then build as normal

/usr/openssl101f can really be anywhere and its a static linking so you
don't need to distribute it.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:54 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> Fair enough, I'm not actually a huge fan of homebrew either, but one thing
> it does quite nicely is to install conflicting libraries into a location
> that will not conflict with system libraries for things that may conflict,
> specifically:
>
> /usr/local/opt/openssl/
>
> if you want to build your own, without having to change your freeswitch
> build procedures, make sure the libs end up in /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib
> and the headers get into /usr/local/opt/openssl/include.
>
> Alternatively, you can pick whatever directory you like to build into, i
> would suggest something not part of the typical lib chain, and specify to
> configure such as:
>
> ./configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib
> CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include
>
> Mike
>
> On Jan 29, 2014, at 4:41 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>
> > We do not look at the version number, we look at support for features
> that were added after 1.0.1c was released.  I'm not positive if they are in
> 1.0.1d or not, but for pretty much everyone I would recommend you be on at
> least 1.0.1f or equivalent security patches.  The 1.0.1e latest package in
> wheezy I think is effectively the same as 1.0.1f as 1.0.1f was just 1.0.1e
> plus some security patches i know they pulled in.
> >

> > On Jan 29, 2014, at 3:21 PM, Tamas Jalsovszky <jalsot at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> As far as I know, on Ubuntu 12.04 the latest openssl package is:
> 1.0.1-4ubuntu5.11
> >> As you can see, there is no 'e' letter, however as we have checked,
> ubuntu backported changes from 1.0.1 (incliding e afaik) to this package.
> We have successful tests with webrtc on 12.04.
> >> Would it be possible to not hardcode that way 1.0.1e?
> >>
> >> T.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH