[Freeswitch-users] 1.4/master openssl requirement change.

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Thu Jan 30 00:54:52 MSK 2014

Fair enough, I'm not actually a huge fan of homebrew either, but one thing it does quite nicely is to install conflicting libraries into a location that will not conflict with system libraries for things that may conflict, specifically:

/usr/local/opt/openssl/

if you want to build your own, without having to change your freeswitch build procedures, make sure the libs end up in /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib and the headers get into /usr/local/opt/openssl/include.

Alternatively, you can pick whatever directory you like to build into, i would suggest something not part of the typical lib chain, and specify to configure such as:

./configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include

Mike