[Freeswitch-users] rtp-timer-name none packet loss handling

Jozsef Vass jvass at twilio.com
Thu Jan 23 20:01:32 MSK 2014

We are using freeswitch to transcode between opus and g711. We have
rtp-timer-name set to none in sip_profiles. If we experience packet loss on
the inbound leg (opus), freeswitch will take no action. When the next opus
packet arrives, freeswitch sends a pcmu rtp packet with continuous sequence
number and timestamp to the outbound leg. That is, there is no way to tell
from the outbound leg that there was a packet loss on the inbound leg.

I would prefer the following behavior:
1. When there is a packet loss on the inbound leg, increase the sequence
number and timestamp on the outbound leg.
2. When there is a packet loss on the inbound leg, interpolate the missing
packet using opus plc. This only works for a few consecutive lost packets
and not for burst loss.

Is there any config parameters to force either of the above behavior?

Jozsef