[Freeswitch-users] Variable in dialplan

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Thu Jan 16 17:05:24 MSK 2014

Hola Julio,

I will try to answer, if I understand your question correctly.

The wiki has good samples of accessing User variables and parameters:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#user_data

In my case, I use it to store the last number dialed by a group of phones like this...
In my User Directory:
  <domain name="MYDOMAINNAME.com">
    <user id="700">
      <variables>
[SNIP some data removed]
        <variable name="accountcode" value="BFIS"/>
        <variable name="callgroup" value="1"/>
[SNIP]
      </variables>
      <params>
[SNIP]
      </params>
    </user>
  </domain>

In the Dial plan:
<action application="set" data="called_party_callgroup=${user_data($1 at MYDOMAINNAME.com var callgroup)}"/>
       <action application="db" data="insert/last_dial/${called_party_callgroup}/${uuid}"/>

Hope that helps.

Sean