[Freeswitch-users] Multiple extensions sharing presence

Stephen Barry stephen.barry at sensical.net
Wed Jan 15 21:03:31 MSK 2014

Hello I am hoping for some advice on whether something is possible:

I have created 3 directory extensions: 3862 (Desk Phone), 38621 (PC Softclient), 38622 (Mobile SoftClient), these all need to ring (at different times) when someone dials 3862, for this I have created a ring group and that is working well.

Now I would like them all to share presence as all 3 extensions are effectively the same person.

I have this working for inbound calls to 3862 answered on either 38621 or 38622 as I have overridden the presence_id in the dialstring for those extensions.
Is there a way somehow to get a call made on extension 38621 to update 3862's presence to 'on the phone' as 3862 is being monitored by several phones using BLFs.

I have had a good look around the docs, the only thing I can see is the presence map which may be what I am after, but I cannot find any explanation of what it does and how it works.

Perhaps there is no way to do this, or a better way to do this.

Any advice would most gratefully received.

Thanks
Steve