[Freeswitch-users] Openldap and freeswitch integration problem

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Tue Dec 23 20:15:47 MSK 2014

Due to the way sip digest auth works, you could not actually validate a password if all you have is the md5 of the password.  You can store the a1 hash, which is an md5 of username:realm:password string.  For more information on how digest authentication works to help understand why what you are trying is not cryptographically possible, check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digest_access_authentication <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digest_access_authentication>

Mike