[Freeswitch-users] PC Based Caller-id Monitor?

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Mon Apr 28 22:35:15 MSD 2014

I do something like this - we call it a "Notify Call" hook, and just send an email notification with caller id info on
any incoming call to an extension that has that hook enabled. I'm sure you could do something similar.

         <action application="set" data="notify_call_address=username at mst.edu" />
         <action application="perl" data="/local/freeswitch/bin/notify-call-hook.pl" />

and then:

--------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use MIME::Lite;
require "/local/freeswitch/bin/hook-libs.pl";

our $session;
my $addr     = $session->getVariable("notify_call_address");
my $to       = $session->getVariable("destination_number");
my $from     = $session->getVariable("effective_caller_id_number") || $session->getVariable("caller_id_number");
my $fromname = $session->getVariable("effective_caller_id_name") || $session->getVariable("caller_id_name");

my $time = scalar( localtime(time) );

freeswitch::console_log( "info", "sending notify for call from $from to $to to address $addr\n" );

my $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
     From    => "freeswitch\@mst.edu",
     To      => $addr,
     Subject => "Receiving call from ($from / $fromname) to ($to) at ($time)",