[Freeswitch-users] SRV in sip_route_uri

Tjardick van der Kraan tjardick at vanderkraan.net
Wed Apr 23 12:57:40 MSD 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if using SRV in the sip_route_uri is permitted. It seems to
sort of work as when providing a host/domain record without any A records
it does seem to lookup a proxy, and send traffic to it.

Though mid transaction (after receiving a 200 OK) it seems to re-lookup the
same record in stead of using the cache response. In case there are
multiple proxies in the SRV records, this breaks the transaction in some
cases as it picks a different proxy from the SRV set to send the ACK to.

So before opening a jira issue, I was wondering if the above is indeed a
bug or should the sip_route_uri only use IP or real hostnames ? (in which
case i guess looking up the SRV might be a bug)

Regards,

Tj