[Freeswitch-users] Audio degrades ON TRANSFER with specific MOH file

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Wed Apr 9 22:59:08 MSD 2014

Hi Brian,

I did not find RPT Packet Size anywhere in the SPA3xx/5xx section of the Wiki.  I will update the Wiki now that I did find it on the phone.  However, the phone defaults to .020.  All (or almost all) of our phones are Cisco SPAs.  Can't I just set the FS end to .020 to match all my devices?  If so where?

With regard to the original problem, I have tested.  203 is the problem phone.  I called 203 directly - perfect results.  I called 200 and was transferred to 203 - horrible audio.  Not static, not popping, not dropped packets, just like someone with the mic in their mouth.  Also, it APPEARED that the audio was quite delayed based on us talking on top of each other, but I could not confirm for 100% certainty.

I then called 203 and was placed on hold.  Audio remain great.  I called 203 and was transferred to 200, audio remained great.

So, my current findings are transfers to 203 and ONLY transfers to ONLY 203 ALWAYS have bad audio.

I will be reviewing every item in 203s phone and FS configuration later this afternoon.

Thanks,
Sean