[Freeswitch-users] Softphone behind NAT registers but cannot be dialed

Karsten Horsmann khorsmann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 19:03:51 MSD 2013

Hi Maciej,

i have an seperate sip_profile for external, nated clients and i use this
settings (and correct rtp/sip ip settings)

<param name="nat-options-ping" value="true"/>
<param name="apply-nat-acl" value="rfc1918"/>
<param name="aggressive-nat-detection" value="true"/>
<param name="NDLB-received-in-nat-reg-contact" value="true"/>

the apply-nat-acl rfc1918.auto excludes your own local-lan, the rfc1918 is
the hole private range.

and "sofia status profile <yourprofile> reg" should show the nated client
with

EXPSECS(351)

2013/9/18 Maciej Aniserowicz <maciej.aniserowicz at gmail.com>

>  Hi,
>
> I have a "NAT situation":).
>
> My FS machine is not behind NAT, but one of the softphones (Twinkle) is.
> It registers correctly, but after viewing registrations on the profile I do
> not see any NAT-related info in Contact header.
>
> I cannot dial to this extension, I get this after ~30sec:
>
> -ERR RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE
>

> The interesting thing is that when I execute this command:
>
> acl <external IP of network with Twinkle> localnet.auto
>
> it returns true.
>
> I tried removing this line from profile configuration, but it did not
> change anything:
>
> <param name="local-network-acl" value="localnet.auto"/>.
>

> I also defined my own ACL
>
>     <list name="nat.twinkle" default="allow">
>
>       <node type="allow" cidr="<IP>/32"/>
>
>     </list>
>
> and applied it to the profile:
>
>  <param name="apply-nat-acl" value="nat.twinkle"/>
>
> Still - no luck.
>

> I even tried to enable aggressive-nat-detection even though it's not
> recommended, but I did not change anything.
>

> I restarted FS after each configuration modification, then flushed all
> registrations on the profile and re-registered my softphones.
>

> How else can I try to solve this issue?
>

> And one more question: is there any way to view the autogenerated ACLs
> localnet.auto and nat.auto ?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Maciej Aniserowicz

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org