[Freeswitch-users] Softphone behind NAT registers but cannot be dialed

Maciej Aniserowicz maciej.aniserowicz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:26:22 MSD 2013

Hi,

I have a "NAT situation":).

My FS machine is not behind NAT, but one of the softphones (Twinkle) is. It
registers correctly, but after viewing registrations on the profile I do
not see any NAT-related info in Contact header.

I cannot dial to this extension, I get this after ~30sec:

-ERR RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE

The interesting thing is that when I execute this command:

acl <external IP of network with Twinkle> localnet.auto

it returns true.

I tried removing this line from profile configuration, but it did not
change anything:

<param name="local-network-acl" value="localnet.auto"/>.

I also defined my own ACL

    <list name="nat.twinkle" default="allow">

      <node type="allow" cidr="<IP>/32"/>

    </list>

and applied it to the profile:

 <param name="apply-nat-acl" value="nat.twinkle"/>

Still - no luck.

I even tried to enable aggressive-nat-detection even though it's not
recommended, but I did not change anything.

I restarted FS after each configuration modification, then flushed all
registrations on the profile and re-registered my softphones.

How else can I try to solve this issue?

And one more question: is there any way to view the autogenerated ACLs
localnet.auto and nat.auto ?

Best regards,

Maciej Aniserowicz