[Freeswitch-users] How can I have the DIalplan choose the gateway for conference dialout?

D D tru083 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 20:02:56 MSD 2013

Hi,

I would like to use the Dialplan configuration to control which gateway is used
on a conference dialout.

I have a gateway configured in the Dialplan, to match any number.

I have tried this on the dialout:

   conference <name> dial {originate_timeout=30}sofia/external/8005551212 12345 CallerName

but I get the errors
   Cannot locate registered user 8005551212 at external

   mod_conference.c:6775 Cannot create outgoing channel, cause: USER_NOT_REGISTERED

I don't want to specify the gateway in the dial request. I want the Dialplan to choose it.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
David