[Freeswitch-users] UUID from Extension Number

Jeremy Childs jeremyc at ssimicro.com
Tue Oct 29 18:54:03 MSK 2013

I'm trying to create a "works-anywhere" eavesdrop extension. I've got
the demo application that uses the hash/spymap functionality working
     correctly, but you would need the caller-id of the incoming call in
order to eavesdrop on incoming calls. This could be fixed by capturing
the destination number instead of the caller-id number for incoming
calls (and I've done this, it works fine).

However, this breaks in the case where an attended transfer has happened
(the UUID of the call that gets connected "belonged" to the receptionist).

The most robust thing I can think of is to do a live lookup of the call
UUID using the "final" extension number. Is there any way to do this
lookup from the dialplan?

To be clear, what I'd like to do is this:

Incoming call is picked up by receptionist (ext 100). Receptionist
transfers call to extension 101. The Boss (extension 200), dials *88101
which looks up the UUID of extension 101's current call, provides this
UUID to the eavesdrop extension, and the eavesdrop proceeds.

There doesn't appear to be any way to do this from the dialplan, however
-- am I missing something?