[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail notification

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Wed Oct 23 00:07:13 MSD 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Ali Pey <alipey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to send a customized voicemail notification based on certain
> condition once a voicemail is recorded.

I did this externally to FreeSWITCH by sending the vm-notify to a perl
script.

We run FreeSWITCH on CentOS, so it was easy to set up an email address that
I called "vm-page". For this notification, I didn't need the audio file, so
I used vm-notify instead of vm-mailto. In my directory file, I used this:

      <param name="vm-notify-mailto" value="vm-page"/>
      <param name="vm-notify-email-all-messages" value="true"/>

In /etc/aliases, I have this:

# Paging notify from phone system
vm-page:        "|/etc/smrsh/vm-page"

And /etc/smrsh/vm-page is a perl script that parses the message, looking
for the 'From' line (which contains the caller-ID info), the 'Return-Path'
header (which contains the voice mailbox number), the 'X-Priority' line
(which can identify an urgent message), and the 'X-Voicemail-Length' header.

In our system, this script parses this stuff, reformats it, and then sends
it through an email-to-SMS gateway at vtext.com.

--
Steve