[Freeswitch-users] How to prevent group_confirm_file from looping?

Regis M regis.freeswitch.org at tornad.net
Mon Oct 21 23:26:16 MSD 2013

Hi,

beware... long post :)

In my memory, when I used group_confirm, I noticed that the read timeout
start AFTER the file prompt was played, not during or at the answer
starts...
In fact, I think you have "Sound prompt lenght" time +"read timeout" time
to press a key or the confirm will be canceled/rejected... So you're could
also try with group_confirm_read_timeout = 0 or 100.

>I'm not sure what you mean by "fix the timeout at the audio lenght of your
group_confirm_file". Can you give me a few more details?
I mean that when I tried to do that, I had to mix with all the timeout to
get my wanted features... This means :

On this string :

originate
[leg_timeout=TIMEOUT1,group_confirm_read_timeout=TIMEOUT2...]sofia/endpoint
&park()

- with TIMEOUT1= 10000, you will have (ring allowed time) + (sound
prompt_lenght) + (TIMEOUT2 )  <- will result with hangup at TIMEOUT1 but
could hangup during prompt if it takes time to answer (various ring time)

- with group_confirm_cancel_timeout=1 .... The ring time is not care,, and
the leg_timeout if canceled on legB answer, so you can choose : timeout for
ring (leg_timeout with less value) and timeout for the read of digit.(but
this timeout start after prompt), so if you just want your prompt, you have
to put read_timeout to 0

One thing which is strange for me is that you said the sound loops... for
me, the sound doesn't loop if no confirm is done within the timeout...

Anyway, you must have a look at the LUA script which is a better solution
if you want to manage too much complex behavior in dialplan..

Hope it helps a little and sorry for my poor english...

Regards,