[Freeswitch-users] Specifying MOH

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Fri May 31 21:20:59 MSD 2013

HI,

I see in the wiki it says:

 <https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_hold_music> hold_music

Per-channel hold music. Supports all audio formats and audio streams. The
hold_music variable can also be set globally at vars.xml.

Usage:

<action application="set" data="hold_music=/sounds/holdmusic.wav" />

For multi-tenant environment, if you want to have a separate MOH for the
phone with hold button (like Polycom) that utilizes RE-INVITE with no media
ip addr (0.0.0.0) for hold, you can override the hold-music values in the
sip profile parameter similar to the following example:

<action application="bridge_export"
data="hold_music=$${sounds_dir}/music/company-a.mp3"/>

I set this in my dial-plan like this:

<anti-action application="bridge_export"
data="hold_music=hold_music=/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/RBW_On_Hold.mp"/>

I had an error on the console that said "File access error."   I chmod'ed
the MP3 file.  Now I get no error, but complete silence on hold.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sean