[Freeswitch-users] New codec integration and concurrent calls limitquestions

Fernando Hernandez fernando at cloudigit.com
Fri May 17 06:54:55 MSD 2013

Thanks a lot to both for your advice, it has been really useful.

Stephen, yes, I am referring to BBB. And I have a question, as far as BBB
is not limited by software and we need to run conference larger than 25 we
need to scale the hardware. But, I would like to know about the possibility
to distribute BBB across multiple servers, how can we do it? do you know if
there is any documentation about it?

And about Misheshu comments, I think the licence issue will be a problem.
The implementation of G.729 I am talking about is proprietary, not open at
all, so we need to find out if it is possible to use it with FreeSWITCH (I
am not well versed on the licensing issues, so I will read the licenses and
try to understand them).
You can check this comparison table to have an idea about this codec
performance,

[image: Imágenes integradas 1]

And finally, about audio transcoding. We use BBB and speex for the
encoding, but as Stephen said before, maybe the audio is not the only
problem we have. We need to run more tests...

Thank you very much and best regards,

Fernando Hernandez.