[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed May 15 03:27:21 MSD 2013

A belated happy new week to you all!

As Ken mentioned in his email
yesterday<http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2013-May/095530.html>,
the big news from last week is, of course, the release of FreeSWITCH 1.2.9
stable. This is now the "latest stable" version of FreeSWITCH and the one
most recommended for production use. The
tarball<http://files.freeswitch.org/freeswitch-1.2.9.tar.bz2>
 is available from theusual location <http://files.freeswitch.org/>. The
CentOS and Debian packages have also been updated to use the latest stable.

On last week's conference
call<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_05_08>
 we welcomed Dan from the CGRateS project <http://www.cgrates.org/>.
CGRateS is a relatively new project that handles call rating for
carrier-grade operations. We are happy to have CGRateS (an open-source
project itself) as part of the FreeSWITCH ecosystem.

On this week's call <https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_05_15> we
look at another VoIP-related OSS project:
VoIPMonitor.org<http://voipmonitor.org/>.
This software performs a number of monitoring functions for VoIP
implementations. Please join us tomorrow at 1PM EDT, 10AM PDT for an
interesting discussion.

One ClueCon reminder: We are still accepting speaking proposals, however
time is running out so please send them in as soon as possible. We hope to
have the ClueCon 2013 schedule released in the next few weeks.

Take care and have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz