[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH 1.0.X.... Really people?

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Mar 28 22:31:05 MSK 2013

There has been huge amounts of efforts dedicated to presence in the last 6
months or so... (I would say Anthony and team spent a good 1000 man hours
working on it (if not more) and its better then ever now...

Also as another commenter said, Jira numbers?

On 3/28/13 11:44 AM, "Yehavi Bourvine" <yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll tell you why I am stuck with 1.0.x: Presence is somewhat erratic in newer
> versions. In my lab system it works perfectly ok. When I put it on production,
> I have to revert at the end of the day to the old version, and then I cannot
> try it again for at least half a year (until my users get calm down and forget
> the last time...).
> I plan next month to try again with the latest GIT that will be available at
> that time...
>
>                       Regards, __Yehavi:
>
> 2013/3/28 Ken Rice <krice at freeswitch.org>
>> So I have noticed lately that tons of people are still trying to install and
>> run FreeSWITCH 1.0.6 and other 1.0.x versions (like 1.0.7). This is a *VERY*
>> bad idea...
>>
>> These old versions of FreeSWITCH have known vulnerabilities in them and are
>> no longer supported by FreeSWITCH.org period. The 1.2 branch has been
>> released for quite a while now, and is making excellent progress in the terms
>> of both stability and reliability.
>>
>> So now, if you post a Jira for help on FreeSWITCH 1.0 the response you will
>> get a closed bug with the comments to update and try again.
>> If you post to the mailing list you will get told to update and try again
>> If you ask on irc you¹ll get told to update and try again (after getting
>> laughed at and made fun of)

Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org
http://www.ClueCon.com