[Freeswitch-users] how many conferences?

Yossi Neiman mishehu at freeswitch.org
Fri Mar 22 21:06:47 MSK 2013

I don't mean to be overly pedantic here, but the default configurations
may allow for the creation of up to 100 conferences of each type, but in
essence no conference is actually created until the first caller calls a
given conference.  That conference remains active until the last caller
disconnects from the conference.  Each conference runs the audio stream
at the given rate it is configured for (i.e. narrowband), and thus has
to manipulate the sample rates and perform transcoding as necessary upon
non-matching media.  Thus there is no simple way to calculate how many
conferences you can fit on a server of given configuration X, as there
are far too many variables at play for each configuration even.

-Yossi