[Freeswitch-users] Removing echo.

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 20:47:17 MSK 2013

Dear Sean Devoy, overall switching to VoIP is not painful until boxes is
implied. Actually almost every phone operator already switched to VoIP
in theirs core, leaving analog phones to clients. Using FS I don't hear
any quality loss, delay, connection delay, echo when using normal
clients, ie. VoIP phones or SIP clients with headsets. Especially
connection delay is virtually zero. I see this with pressing calling and
immediately starting call the other end which is connected thru two
phone operators. Nor audio delay I hear if internet channel is not full
loaded. Skype is the same VoIP just using different protocol.

And you are right, hearing echo is the other end problem. Generally,
VoIP can not induce echo in wires, as each direction is send using
packets, compared to analog phones where echo is heard (especially on
long distant) because of wire induction.

My wander is how skype client (or may be server) does echo removing on
same client which uses boxes and microphone which will create the echo.
May be there are SIP clients which removes echo o client like skype
client does. We tried here to connect two clients with FS (it may be
asterisk or other server it is no matter) both using boxes and
microphone. Its not only echo we get, but also a sound loop getting
louder and louder. Same clients switch to skype call and no echo, clear
sound. This is a step forward to using VoIP and not skype.

--
Mimiko desu.