[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: FreeSWITCH TTS Voice Prompt Generator

Julian Pawlowski julian at pawlowski.me
Thu Mar 14 18:43:19 MSK 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:

> I agree their pricing is confusing for non studio related usage, I've just
> sent them an email asking to clarify.

Getting back to this, after registering for the Ivona development program I
got access to their SaaS terms of use (
https://secure.ivona.com/static/pdf/saas_en.pdf).
It says:

"III. SCOPE AND TYPES OF “IVONA Speech Cloud” SERVICES
3. “IVONA Speech Cloud” Service is dedicated solely to entrepreneurs.
Subject to the
provisions of these Regulations, the Service Receiver is entitled to use of
“IVONA
Speech Cloud” Service for the purposes of the business activity run by
Service
Receiver, except for business activity in the areas of Telephony System, in
particular
interactive voice response (IVR) systems, Private Automatic Branch Exchange
(PBX, IP
PABX or other) or any other telecommunication solution.
IV. FREE “IVONA Speech Cloud” SERVICE
3. The Text converted into the Speech generated under Free “IVONA Speech
Cloud”
Service, will be preceded by advertising material of Ivona and/or other
advertising
material in the form of sound, to what the Service Receiver agrees ordering
Unpaid
“IVONA Speech Cloud” Service.
4. The Service Receiver shall not modify, in any way, Speech generated as
part of Free
“IVONA Speech Cloud” Service.
5. The Service Receiver acknowledges that the objective of provision of
Free “IVONA
Speech Cloud” Service by Ivona is primarily to enable the Service Receiver
familiarize with the functionality, characteristics, uses and suitability
of “IVONA Speech
Cloud” Service for the Service Receiver. Therefore, the Service Receiver
agrees to use
Speech made available to it under Free “IVONA Speech Cloud” Service for the
above
purposes only. It is prohibited to use Speech generated as part of Free
“IVONA Speech
Cloud” Service for commercial purposes, i.e. to achieve profits or other
material benefit
by the Service Receiver and/ or a third party. In particular, it is
prohibited to make
Speech available to any third parties against payment, in any manner, as
well as
reproduce, distribute, broadcast, publish Speech and on the Internet,
radio, television or
through any other media.
"

That makes it impossible to use Ivona for our purposes as every
user/company would needs to have a valid subscription and to generate it's
own voice prompt files. Redistribution of pre-compiled voice files is not
possible.

I fear as number III.3 makes it quite clear that usage for PBX purposes is
critical Ivona is not an option to be used anymore for default voice prompt
packages.

Br,
Julian