[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: FreeSWITCH TTS Voice Prompt Generator

Julian Pawlowski julian at pawlowski.me
Thu Mar 14 17:40:09 MSK 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:

> I agree their pricing is confusing for non studio related usage, I've just
> sent them an email asking to clarify.

Great, thanks! Hopefully they can also answer to some licensing concerns as
I'm not sure one would be allowed to re-distribute voice prompts created
with Ivona TTS.

If this can be clarified I would also add support for Ivona.

 At least the german voice from Google is IMHO as good as the voice from
>> Ivona (in fact it's even more applicable as it sounds more formal while the
>> Ivona female voice might have a slightly Berlin accent or so).
>>

> I'm not a German speaker so I can't comment on the accent - but I'd have
> to disagree about the quality from Google on the German voice sounding as
> good as the Ivona one.. there is clear choppyness on the Google voice,
> where as the Ivona one sounds more clean.

You are right, there is sometimes some choppyness. I didn't hear that much
examples from Ivona because of my licensing concerns, could be that I
missed that (or I'm simply not a professional within that area).
However correct pronunciation seems to be an issue for both, especially
when it comes to correct intonation. That still seems to be the biggest
issue for all TTS engines...

Looking forward to read about the feedback you get from Ivona support!

Julian