[Freeswitch-users] Fwd: FreeSWITCH TTS Voice Prompt Generator

Julian Pawlowski julian at pawlowski.me
Thu Mar 14 02:50:47 MSK 2013

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that the TTS toolkit I was working on has now
reached production state:

https://github.com/jpawlowski/freeswitch-sounds-tts

If you are just looking for ready to go voice prompt packages please take a
look here: http://repo.profhost.eu/static/freeswitch/

Available language:
English (en)
German (de)
Spanish (es)
French (fr)
Netherlandish (nl)
Portuguese (pt)
Russian (ru)
Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)

These are basically all languages FreeSWITCH currently supports :-)

There is also quite a long readme in the Github repo if you are interested
in more details or contribution (e.g. improving your language translation
files).

@Michael Collins:
I understand you took some major work in the existing voice prompts,
especially in english.
I'd appreciate if you could take an extended look to the readme file,
especially "Differences and improvements" as there are some assumptions I
would like to be confirmed (e.g. about those tone files).

We could also talk about how this can be helpful for FreeSWITCH as a whole.
But I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss, just let me know
and drop me a private line if you want.

Cheers,
Julian