[Freeswitch-users] inband DTMF bleeding through

Matt Broad matt at inveroak.com
Mon Mar 11 11:47:46 MSK 2013

Hi,

I have the following dialplan in my public folder (the dest_number below is
just an example):

<include>
<extension name="dialExt1002">
 <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(1234)$">
<action application="set" data="drop_dtmf=true"/>
 <action application="export" data="drop_dtmf=true"/>
                        <!-- Add a bind_meta_app just to make sure that the
rfc2833 is still being picked up -->
  <action application="bind_meta_app" data="4 b s
execute_extension::att_xfer XML features"/>
 <action application="set" data="ignore_early_media=true" />
<action application="set" data="ringback=${uk-ring}"/>
 <action application="set" data="call_timeout=30"/>
<action application="bridge" data="user/1002"/>
 </condition>
</extension>
</include>

I am trying to prevent the DTMF tones from being heard by the b-leg (in
this case user/1002).
This works fine if the extension is called by a registered softphone (the
user_context is set to public). The digits are pressed and no beeps or
tones are heard by the other side.

If this extension is dialed by a landline/mobile number, when a digit is
pressed there is a slight "bleeding" of the DTMF.  Enough to distinguish
between different digits, though probably not enough to determin the digit
pressed.

I have tried several things such as stop_dtmf in the dialplan, setting
the dtmf-duration to 0 (not quite sure what this param does but tried it
anyway :) ) in the sip profile but nothing seems to prevent it.

Could it be our provider? They have confirmed that they use out-of -band
rfc2883. But without the drop_dtmf being set in the dialplan the full tone
is heard. Could they be sending inband and out-of-band?

Could anyone suggest any tests I could run or any log files I could look at
please?

Many Thanks
Matt