[Freeswitch-users] problems with freeswitch + zrtp in proxy-media mode

adahary adahary at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:30:48 MSD 2013

Here are my findings for Jitsi & FS ZRTP PROXY-MEDIA:
FS tested versions: 1.2.10, 1.3.17, 1.5 (tested on two different linux
machines).
Jitsi 2.2 on win7 (two different PCs).

VARS.xml:
 <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="zrtp_secure_media=true"/>
Internal.xml (profile):

Dialplan:
<action application="set" data="zrtp_secure_media=true" />

1. When Jitsi sends INVITE there is NO a=zrtp-hash in the SDP (I do not
think it is a problem becuase it still works fine on none PROXY-MEDIA
modes).
2. Jitsi send ZRTP HELLO with NO CRC error.
3. FS with PROXY-MEDIA=true (and inbound-zrtp-passthru=true) always sends
ZRTP HELLO with CRC error (can be seen on wireshark capture).
4. Jitsi (and also Linphone) complains with 'ZRTP internal mismatch -
chekcsum) and breaks the ZRTP session. CSimpleSip/Android ignores it and
keep up with the ZRTP session.

I've opened a jiira case and uploaded a detailed log file and a wireshark
capture.

Hopfully this issue will be resolved soon as it very essential to have a
good working ZRTP client for desktops like Jitsi.

Assaf