[Freeswitch-users] Reason header in SIP 180 / 183

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:33:40 MSD 2013

Hey all...
I need to tap the collective knowledge of all.

In the scenario where I can get a Reason header in a Progress response (
180 / 183 )
how can I control how Freeswitch will respond.

I can see 3 possible scenarios here,  but it would be great to control
which scenario was used.

1)  Freeswitch just passes through the 180/183 with reason header...
without doing anything with it.

2)  Freeswitch can remove the reason header from the 180/183 and just play
back the media stream that is accompanied.

3)  Freeswitch can act upon the reason, and hangup the call .. ( if its a
Q850 Cause code 1 for example )

now... where is this useful.
well, what if I had a carrier that gave Q850 cause codes in ISDN progress
messages ( number unallocated ) but then they played an RVA saying "number
dialed is not connected".

They have done it this way to allow customer to choose how to handle the
RVA ( do you want the RVA or not ) but does FS give me the ability to truly
control this ?

( without needing to go as far as complex ESL applications )

--
Sincerely

Jay