[Freeswitch-users] Debian unixODBC issues

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:29:18 MSK 2013

On 23 January 2013 20:33, Julian Pawlowski <mail at loredo.me> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Personally I'm using FS + unixODBC + myODBC for MySQL with no stability
>> issues. It should be fine.
>
> The issue occurs under higher loads or peaks, nothing you will notice in
> any small business or home environments.

UP 0 years, 126 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes, 42 seconds, 994 milliseconds,
957 microseconds
FreeSWITCH is ready
42124396 session(s) since startup

 If you do get issues report them on the Debian BTS - I'm sure they'd get
> it fixed, either by an updated package or backporting a fix to the current
> version. Bugs only get fixed if they're reported to the correct place
> people!
>
> Actually this is nearly what I did already, you should have read my first
> message more carefully.
> It is about requesting more information about the issue if anybody has
> those, not about asking for support to resolve the issue. We know that this
> is caused by unixODBC already but not exactly at which point and why it
> helps to install an newer version.

I actually intended that about whoever added the note to the Wiki since the
debian maintainer obviously hadn't heard from them. If the note on the Wiki
is from you, apologies.

The maintainer of the Debian package asked me to provide more information
> so that he can understand the issue in detail to create a patch for the
> package in Wheezy.

If FS coredumps within unixODBC try:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs#Creating_A_Backtrace_With_gdb_.28Linux.2FUnix.29

If a simple program can be written that demonstrates the same instability,
then even better since the backtrace then might be more readable. If it's
only under high load then it could be thread related so you'd need to
reproduce that.

In any case I don't think you'll find problems with myODBC, but obviously
>> test before rolling into production.
>>

> As said, the issue is with unixODBC, not the myODBC connector which is a
> different thing.

I said myODBC since I haven't used unixODBC with any of the other
connectors personally. Even if the crash appears to be in unixODBC it could
still be in the connector used too since that code is called from unixODBC
and could be some mismatch between what they're doing.

-Steve