[Freeswitch-users] Debian unixODBC issues

Julian Pawlowski mail at loredo.me
Wed Jan 23 23:33:58 MSK 2013

Hi Steve,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I'm using FS + unixODBC + myODBC for MySQL with no stability
> issues. It should be fine.

The issue occurs under higher loads or peaks, nothing you will notice in
any small business or home environments.

> If you do get issues report them on the Debian BTS - I'm sure they'd get
> it fixed, either by an updated package or backporting a fix to the current
> version. Bugs only get fixed if they're reported to the correct place
> people!

Actually this is nearly what I did already, you should have read my first
message more carefully.
It is about requesting more information about the issue if anybody has
those, not about asking for support to resolve the issue. We know that this
is caused by unixODBC already but not exactly at which point and why it
helps to install an newer version.

The maintainer of the Debian package asked me to provide more information
so that he can understand the issue in detail to create a patch for the
package in Wheezy.

> In any case I don't think you'll find problems with myODBC, but obviously
> test before rolling into production.

As said, the issue is with unixODBC, not the myODBC connector which is a
different thing.

> Wheezy is still 'testing' and shouldn't be on a production machine yet
> anyway, if you need newer packages check squeeze-backports (
> http://backports.debian.org/) first.

I know. However, Wheezy in currently preparing go-live and becoming the
stable stamp.
We are currently doing systems integration for the Gemeinschaft PBX
appliance which is going to use Wheezy as a standard in the near future.

Regards,
Julian