[Freeswitch-users] T38 Configuration

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Mon Jan 21 21:00:07 MSK 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Robert Craig <craig.robert at hotmail.com>wrote:

> As far as I know, FS is running as root. Below are the permissions.
>
> <13>:ls -ld storage/fax/3150/inbox
>
> drw-rw-rw- 2 root root 4096 Jan 18 10:28 storage/fax/3150/inbox
>
> I've gone from the 'freeswitch' folder all the way into the inbox folder
> verifying the same permissions down the line. Should it include 'execute'
> permissions as well?

I'm a FreeSWITCH novice, but I've been using Unix systems since the early
1980's.
Yes, the 'execute' permission needs to be set.  The execute permission on a
directory allows files (and directories) in that directory to be accessed.
 A directory with 'read', but not 'execute' permission allows you to see a
list of files in that directory, but you can't access them or create new
ones.  It is very unusual to see a directory with the permissions you have
shown.

--
Steve