[Freeswitch-users] Delay Round Two...FIGHT!

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:33:40 MSK 2013

Words like delay can lead to a lot of confusion because there are so many
ways the word is used.

The delay problem William is talking about is a permanent delay that was a
brief bug we had where the audio streams were always out of sync.

The problem described sounds more like "setup delay" which is: The audio is
in sync but its not bi-directional for a long period of time.  This sounds
to me like one of the many Sonus bugs we have fought where passing rtp
streams to a Sonus would cause it to restart its jitter buffer and eat up
audio.

What you should do follow these steps:

1) Install GIT HEAD (not stable branch) because the stable branch cannot be
modified and the code is too old to diagnose problems on.

2) Reproduce the problem and get traces / log caps.  (if you cannot
reproduce it on demand its likely an environmental issue since most delay
bugs that are our fault are consistent)

3) Report them to JIRA not to this mailing list.  Problems are impossible
to track over email... That's why we have an issue tracker.

Re-reading this :  I see you mentioned ATT so its almost for sure the Sonus
bug.

Try this:

edit your sofia profile and set the param rtp-rewrite-timestamps to true

My suspicion: The ATT calls you, then it bridges over to FS that maybe
sends some data like playing a "please hold" sound or enters a queue
something.  Then bridges to a phone.  By default we preserve timestamps on
RTP so when we send the stamps from the phone it confuses it and makes it
go insane.   This param will rewrite all timestamps so it always sees them
coming from a generated base rather than passing them.

BTW: "thousands of calls per second" ... no ... That's why we don't touch
the subject of load testing....

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
>>> http://www.cluecon.com
>>>
>>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list