[Freeswitch-users] mod_xml_cdr and mod_json_cdr - docs/code

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 15:47:56 MSK 2013

I'm not a core dev, but my guess would be to reduce the risk of breaking
current installations while mod_json_cdr was being developed. I do see you
point but it does make more sense to move it out. perhaps the common code
could be librarified or they could be merged later on, but not breaking
current installations is a pretty high priority. This is what happened last
time a Linux kernel dev broke something big: http://goo.gl/u8GWl

On 2 January 2013 12:19, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Looking at the source code for xml_cdr and json_cdr:
>

> https://github.com/FreeSWITCH/FreeSWITCH/blob/master/src/mod/event_handlers/mod_json_cdr/mod_json_cdr.c
>
> https://github.com/FreeSWITCH/FreeSWITCH/blob/master/src/mod/xml_int/mod_xml_cdr/mod_xml_cdr.c
>
> Based on the commit messages and file contents, it looks like this code is
> maintained in two different places, and is mostly copy/paste.
>
> Looking at the documentation, all the relevant channel information is
> inside the xml_cdr docs, with very little inside json_cdr, despite them
> having nearly the same code base.
>
> Could a core dev comment on;
>
> * Why this code is maintained in two different places - are there any
> plans to merge it into a single lib/file?
> * Is there functionally any difference between the two, other than the
> fact one outputs XML and another outputs JSON (my C is very poor, so I find
> it difficult to interpret the code logic - sorry)
>
> Many thanks
>
> Cal

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

*Andrew Cassidy BSc (Hons) MBCS SSCA*