[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Feb 25 21:29:26 MSK 2013

Greetings!

First item in the news today is a happy report from long-time FreeSWITCH
user Henry Gavin. Henry runs a company in the U.K. called
SureVoIP<http://www.surevoip.co.uk>.
He is pleased to report that "thanks to FreeSWITCH and FusionPBX" his
company is once again a finalist for the annual ITSPA
awards<http://www.surevoip.co.uk/blog/2013/02/25/surevoip-and-the-surevoip-api-finalists-for-the-2013-itspa-awards/>.
Congrats to Henry for leveraging FreeSWITCH in a successful business
endeavor.

Another annual event is the Google Summer of
Code<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013>(GSoC).
FreeSWITCH will once again apply as a mentoring organization.
Please start thinking of project ideas that we can include in our
organization's application. Applications will be submitted starting March
18 and no later than March 29. Ken Rice and I will be coordinating this
process. Stay tuned for more details.

On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_02_20>we did a
nice tour of the
CudaTel <> Communication Server. In the coming weeks
we will have more presentations for GUI front-ends that community members
have built. On this week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_02_27>we will have
Ken Rice give us an update on his new project:
SwitchPi <http://switchpi.org>. If you like DIY projects then you'll
appreciate what Ken has done with integrating the Raspberry Pi with
FreeSWITCH and some other items to create something new. We look forward to
seeing it in action.

Don't forget about the FreeSWITCH HA discussion on Tuesday evening at 8PM
EST. Last week's discussion was very fruitful. Eliot Gable gave us all a
lot of information about the different approaches that he can take for
building mod_ha_cluster <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_ha_cluster>.
We look forward to his report on the potential of using
OpenMPI<http://www.open-mpi.org/>.
For those who can't make it to the HA discussion please join weekly
conference call on Wednesday where we will have a brief recap of the HA
call.

In ClueCon <http://www.cluecon.com>news we have uploaded two new videos:

* What's new in sipXecs 4.6 <http://youtu.be/mz14UqXRQDU> - Douglas Hubler
* Challenges and Opportunities in Open Source
VoIP<http://youtu.be/QnDYE-DfjgU>- Travis Cross

Stay tuned for more ClueCon 2012 videos and ClueCon 2013 announcements.

Have a great week and we look forward to talking to you on Wednesday.

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team