[Freeswitch-users] Time to start understanding the FreeSWITCH codebase

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 03:42:40 MSK 2013

Use the source, Luke.

Digging around in the source is one way to explore how FS works. Some is easier to understand than others. Threading is heavily used so understanding mutexes etc is useful.

I'd highly recommend that you read this site though:
http://docs.freeswitch.org/

That documents the core API. A lot is based on APR, plus some extra stuff like the module interfaces.

Steve