[Freeswitch-users] How to handle refer calls when ATA has call foward turned on

Benoit Raymond benoit.raymond at amiconcept.com
Mon Feb 11 06:42:32 MSK 2013

Hi gang,

I want to keep the *72 feature on my Cisco SPA122 ATAs so I don't have to
deal keeping the call forward numbers in FS. But in the standard dialplan, I
hit the deflect application and since the call hasn't been answered yet, I
assume I need to use the redirect or even the transfer application.

Despite my attempts, I am struggling at finding the right way to deal with
this refer call.

Anybody has a dialplan recipe to handle the following scenarios?

External Gatewasy -> FS (bridge app) -> ATA -> REFER -> FS (???) -> External
Gateway

Internal device -> FS (bridge app) -> ATA -> REFER -> FS(???) -> External
Gateway

My most wanted scenario is an inbound call coming from the External Gateway.
Once FS gets the REFER from the ATA, I need to connect the a-leg to the
proper destination but instead, call is dropped.

I am a bit at lost here so any hint is appreciated.

Benoit